Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot access gmail. I do NOT have a cell phone and since…

Customer Question
I cannot access gmail...

I cannot access gmail. I do NOT have a cell phone and since I am locked out of my acct for verification you cannot send me an email. Catch 22.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes at home however I have not been on home comp yet so no idea if the issue is there as well.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No, I did put phne # on as any one who knows me can call # and assess acct.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Please help

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
since I cannot access my email to look am the email that would not work to send me an email. Please email me instead at my wk ,***@******.***
3/16/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> I cannot access gmail.

Do you mean you cannot access your mailbox from ANY device, or just inaccessible from specific devices such as computers or phones?

>***@******.***

Direct email communication belongs to premium services and requires an extra charge. If you do need it, please request remote assistance services.

Thanks.

It is asking for my phone number, as I said I have no cell number. It wants verification with a phone number and it will text me a code. Again NO CELL. I did not add a security question when acct was set up and I did not add home phone #.
Are you a gmail tech expert? Am I speaking to a company other than Google gmail support?

You are speaking with Bing. We are JustAnswer. We are not Google. Google doesn't provide this kind of peer-to-peer support for their consumers' services (free services) such as Gmail and Google Search.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

1. Please be aware that you are using JustAnswer, a paid service providing professional support with guaranteed quality. This is not a service for $5 (your deposit). Please advise if you want to continue or not. Thanks.
  2. You may see an offer for a phone call or remote support for an extra fee, this is not from me, by the site automatically. If you think it is unnecessary or unrelated for your question, please disregard it.
This is not helpful you want my money only. I an very unhappy right now. Is there a fix to my problem or not?

> It wants verification with a phone number and it will text me a code.

I speculate you are referring to your password ***** process. Where did you do it? On mobile device, or one a computer?

Correct. My password ***** not chged, it says it cannot recognize the device I am using. I have used this device for 3 yrs.
I was on comp. again I HAVE NO CELL PHONE.

I am in a remote session now. Will update here again once finished. Thanks for your patience.

Okay. I am back.

OK , Thank you.
do you have a solution, can you help?

I guess you have tried Google Account Recovery. If not, please click HERE to start a recovery (please do it only for once)

If yes, please let me know ALL questions ever asked by Google during your process, if possible.

Thanks.

I have not, I followed the online questions in Gmail and was just going in a circle as it kept asking for my phone number to text. I guess they think the whole world uses cell phones. I do not.

> guess they think the whole world uses cell phones. I do not.

But probably you marked the phone number as cell phone when you signed up with Google. That's why Google asked so.

I did not.

When was the last time you successfully access the Gmail account? On which device? Using what program?

They kept send me messages for a number and I kept ignoring the messages.
I was just into it yesterday from the comp I am using right now.

I would suggest a remote session now, so I can

(1) guide you walk through the reseting process in a proper manner.

(2) find out saved password ***** it is hidden somewhere on your computer.

Please advise. Thanks.

I will decline

Okay, then it would too difficult to guess what is happening there though you can tell some of them via texting.

I opt out and let other experts to help further.

Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!