Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a Facebook peovlem. A very time ago. My email is a…

I have a Facebook...

I have a Facebook peovlem

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

A very long time ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?

My email is a old one. I don't remember my password. So when I try the change email I need a password. When the send me a verification number it goes to invalid email.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not want to deactivate the account as I have information on there that I can't lose. Someone has logged on using my login and password. The IP address of that person is different than my own.

3/16/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When were you last able to sign into your account?

Please let me know

I always keep Facebook open on my IPAD. I have not logged in or out for a long time

Ok, if you now try to sign in, what happens?

I am afraid to close it out because I don't know the password ***** log back in.

Ok, you will need to reset the password

Can you use my link below to rese your password *****

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify

You can then use that new password.

Let me know please how you go

Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

I am on a IPAD will it work on that?

No it needs to be done via a computer, do you have one there?

No

Ok, you will need to reset the password

Can you use my link below to reset your password *****

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify

You can then use that new password.

Let me know please how you go

I reset it but now it seems it is a new account

how do you mean? Please detail what you see

It set up a account with the email of***@******.***.
The email on the account where I need to change to a new email in the profile is***@******.***

You signed in with the wrong email, sign out and sign in with the correct email please

With the old one I was trying to change?

yes.. as thats your account

With***@******.*** using password ***** gave me 181538 tells me password ***** *****

yes... as per my instructions please reset your password, I repeated the instructions again below

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify

You can then use that new password.

Let me know please how you go

It would not let me change email to***@******.*** because it is already in use

You are making a new account, this is not what I want you to do

I will repeat

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify

You can then use that new password.

Let me know please how you go

When I click on the link, enter the 181538 it asks to either send password ***** the old address or to Google account. The Google account takes me to login under***@******.***
. So there again I am in a loop

It is the recovery address, you go there to get the code

I know that but my google password ***** ***** correct, I get an error

What error do you receive?

That it is not a valid password

So you also cannot sign into the Gmail account either?

Google account. Gmail is good that is what I am using now
I am getting all the gmail messages that you are sending.

It is not clear sorry what you are doing as it is not the instructions I am giving.

You will need to access a computer and message me here when you do

Facebook sent me a new number to use but it takes me into a new account and I have lost everything. Let me find a computer I can login to.