Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Mt tablet has not synced my mail since 17th February.

Customer Question
Mt tablet has not...

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Telstra

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On all three. It is fine on my laptop but not on the tablet. I think Google may have discontinued my account. There is a problem with the account. It was originqlly set up in my husband's name and in accounts they have his mobile phone which has been discontinued as he passed away on 19th December

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing - Google sent me a code in January when I was interstate but i had no idea what to do with it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I havebeen to a Telstra shop to discuss this and they said the tablet was fine, but it tries to sync the emails but nothing happens

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/16/2018
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

May I know which email account you want to setup on tablet? gmail or telstra or other?

Gmail and Bigpond mail are both set up on the tablet, but neither of them is receiving mail
Since i believe it is a google problem, I am not prepared to pay this amount. It is pathetic that I cannot contact Google and talk with them about this. I am not prepared to pay $55. I am writing to you on my laptop, and it is the Samsung tablet that has the problem. Everything is working fine on this laptop

There is no need for secure remote session. I will help you in the question and answer session.

A. First of all, please check if you're able to go online on the tablet or not.

Click Google chrome browser and type in something and check if you're able to browse or not.

If not, please turn On Internet/wifi on this.

B. Okay, let us check if on the laptop :

Let us fix gmail account first.

Click the link:
http://mail.google.com/?logout

And then sign in again by entering your email address and password *****

And check if this password ***** or not.

Now, Open your gmail account.

Go to Gmail account account settings and enter this password

Please let me know if it works or not.

lease cease in your endeavours as I am not prepared to spend $55

I am opting out. Thank you.

My tablet is currently not connected to the internet, so it is impossible for you to be able to find out what is wrong with it. Please stop trying to help me. I am using my laptop to communicate with you, which works perfectly. Thank you.
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What's the email address to be configured on your tablet? Does it look like***@******.*** or***@******.***?