Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Tried to access my email and got a message that says "cannot…

Customer Question
Tried to access my...

Tried to access my email and got a message that says "cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file C\Users\Charles\Documents\Outlook\Files\Outlook.pst." My email was find this morning before I left. I returned home and am now getting this message. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

Yes. My iPhone receives my email messages and I have a desktop that I am on right now and I have checked my email on it and it is fine. My laptop is the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Are referring to the laptop? When you say on file, do you mean do I have the security questions written down somewhere as well as the phone number?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I am getting the message that I previously gave you each time I try to access Microsoft Outlook.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

This problem may be an issue with a corrupt data (PST) file, a faulted configuration, along with a few other things.
May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

I am on my desktop computer which is okay. I am not on the laptop, which is the problem and it is the one that you need to connect. How do we make the switch to the laptop?

How are going to access my laptop when I cannot access it? I have been using my desktop to correspond with you not the laptop, which has the access problem that I want to have fixed.

I would send you a link that you would then go to on the laptop.

Now you cannot access your Laptop? I thought the problem was with Outlook on the laptop.