Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need someone to log into my computer remotely and fix my…

Customer Question
I need someone to...

I need someone to log into my computer remotely and fix my thunderbird issues. They started at about 3 am

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes and it works fine. It is an issue on my computer and I need a thunderbird expert to assist

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
I need someone who is an expert on the thunderbird email and profiles. I have a backup of my profile from 12/17 that will have all of the server settings, I just don't know what file to restore.
I am very computer literate and know where my profile is, my mail folders and my backup. I will need to speak with someone via phone and have them also connect remotely. Thank you.
3/15/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

I have been using Thunderbird for emailing for years and I am willing to help.

Can I know the specific issue please?

All emails are timing out. I cannot receive any emails. I have move all incoming mail to new folders and compacted. Thunderbird works on other computers fine. Something got corrupted in settings. Thank you

In this situation, a simple way is to reinstall TB and relink the profile.

Of course, please make sure your profile is FULLY backed up.

Just in case you miss any steps when backing up TB profile, please check below official instruction.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/moving-thunderbird-data-to-a-new-computer

I already installed thunderbird on top of itself. Do you know what file in the profile contains the server settings? If so, I could just move it from my backup from 12-17? My dropbox sync filled up my hd and I think that is what happened.
I really appreciate your help. I posted on the mozilla forum but no one has answered
I think my email setting are corrupted in thunderbird, and I have 10 email addresses in there going to different folders. I am making a dup of my 12-17 backup, then doing a backup of my current profile.
Okay. If this is the case, you may first uninstall TB while keeping the current profile and data, then simply reinstall it. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.