Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am having trouble sending out email messages. I have

I am having trouble...

I am having trouble sending out email messages. I have contacted my server and done what they said but the problem keeps returning

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Videotron.ca

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my phone and ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have reset the account password ***** times with videotron and it works for a while what else can I do

3/15/2018
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Can you still receive email messages ok?

What error message do you get when you try to send email messages?

Email address or password ***** ***** and yes I can receive emails

Ok, and does this happen on both your phone and iPad when sending a message?

Do you have access to a computer?

to iPad and phone. No to computer access

Ok, using a browser page on your phone or iPad can you go to the following page and sign in and let me know if you can send an email ok from the webmail page?

https://courrielweb.videotron.com/cw/displayLoginEnLegacyResidentiel.action

If you can send emails ok there, you will need to check and reconfigure the email server settings on your mobile device apps:

Incoming server imap.videotron.ca 993 yes (SSL/TLS)

Outgoing server smtp.videotron.ca 465 yes (SSL/TLS)

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Thank you. It seems to be working again

Glad to hear it worked!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page :)
Thanks!
Pete.

Pete, Computer Expert