Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am having trouble logging into my yahoo account. I can't…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble logging into my yahoo account. I can't remember my password ***** it wants me to use my recovery phone number, but I don't have that number anymore so it won't let me do anything else

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No I haven't logged in in over a year that's why I can't remember the password. I've tried every password ***** can think of and even did an old one I remembered and it said my password ***** and i needed to get a text sent to me to reset it

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The phone number on file is an old one. I would know the answers to the security questions if i have them set up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/15/2018
Email technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

You should be able to enter a recovery email. Do you have that?

I believe it's my other Yahoo email and when I enter it in, it logs me into that email instead
Email technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago

You might be going to the wrong place. Try this:

1. Go to the Sign-in Helper.
  2. Enter one of the account recovery items listed.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Follow the instructions given in the Sign-in Helper.

If it works, give me a 5-star rating

I'm entering my recovery email and phone number, but they are both hooked to my other Yahoo account so it logs me into that one still. I don't have access to the phone number on the account I am trying to get into.
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

If you have already tried all of the steps at the password ***** page here then unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password ***** use the back up options that are showing to you.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** the online recovery tool. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

In your case it seems your only option is to remember the password ***** you can log into the old account and change the phone number on file. Don't give up, try and make a list of any passwords you have used in the past and everyday try a couple of new passwords.

Thank you