Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot obtain any emails since March 5, 20018. Why? Gmail.

I cannot obtain any...

I cannot obtain any emails since March 5, 20018. Why?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Via I phone. Ny gmail address is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I know nothing. What kind is there?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Other than I am computer illiterate?

3/14/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer right now? a Mac? or a smartphone?
  2. Are you still able to access your Gmail account using a web browser?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Iphone7
I think so

Thank you for writing back with that information. Do you have a computer right now? I am asking because you requested for Secure Remote Assistance and I already accepted it. But I can only remotely access a computer, not an iPhone.

Please confirm.

I am on my Iphone I have not used a computer in months

Ok, thank you for that confirmation. We cannot proceed with remote access but I can still continue to help you in this chat mode. First, you need to access your Gmail using a web browser.

Please open a web browser on your phone, then go to www.gmail.com. Please login to your Gmail and then tell me if your new emails are there.

How do I get to a browzer?

You already have a browser, the one you use to browse or open websites. Do you have Safari there or Chrome? You can open any of them, they are samples of web browsers.

Gott it

Now, on the browser, go to wwww.gmail.com. If your Gmail shows up automatically, then good. But if not, please click or tap SIGN IN then login to your Gmail.

Ok. I did it and there are only emails up to March 5

Are you viewing them on the browser? Please send me an email to test, I will send a reply to see if emails or replies to you will bounce. My email will be shown in the private info box.

Did you receive it?

No. Did you initiate the sending using your web browser or the Mail app? Please do it on the browser if you were able to access it on your web browser.

I did it via Safari

Ok, but I have not received it yet.

Let me send you an email. Hold on, you must be getting it in Safari. Unless I will get a bounce error.

I did not receive a bounce email so I believe your Gmail account received my test email. Did you see it on your Safari?