Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am trying to import my address book from an external hard…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to import my address book from an external hard drive bact to my email account in myPC

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I just click the icon in my task bar. I guess that is web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. On the external hard drive, is your address book saved in a PST file?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Windows 10
Looking up file.
found address book as a wap file, and it was imported to my contacts.so I jost need to know about the favorites'

WAP file? How did you create that file?

Hello?
no

You said you found the address book as a wap file. What did you mean? Is the file has a .wap extension? If yes, how did you create that file?

I just moved the file from my PC y to external HD. Don't know how file extension came to be

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

What about my favorites?

I can check all your saved data on the external drive and then import them to your computer when we are connected through remote access. Emails, contacts and favorites.

Not interested in connecting. I just want to import my favorites.
I signed up for a $5 question and a free one for joining.
If that is not the case, how do I cancell?

Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Hello, this is Bing. Thanks for asking a question at JustAnswer, do you still need help here?

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

1. Please be aware that you are using JustAnswer, a paid service providing professional support with guaranteed quality. This is not a service for $5 (your deposit). Please advise if you want to continue or not. Thanks.
  2. You may see an offer for a phone call or remote support for an extra fee, this is not from me, by the site automatically. If you think it is unnecessary or unrelated for your question, please disregard it.
Just a deposit? How much is the total? And yes, I no longer wish to use your service.

I am just a technician here for your technical challenges only. As I have no any access to your billing info, please speak with JustAnswer Customer Services for any of your billing concerns.

JustAnswer Customer Services

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help