Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Forgot passwords and google just tell me to many attempts…

Customer Question
Forgot passwords and google...

Forgot passwords and google just tell me to many attempts retry in 1-3 hrs, been going on for 1 week. locked out of phone and gmail

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I tries using my business email, which goes thought google.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I had this laptop cleaned because I got hacked about 1 month ago, and only had it back for 1 week, I was not in frame of mind the night I changed passwords for phone and email and forgot them when I woke the next morning. been trying several combos of letters and numbrs I commonly used. no success, told to retry, butnever works

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a laptop and 1 phone and ipad that are used

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/15/2018
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.
First open the Gmail login page at Gmail.com.
Type in your Email address and then click NEXT.
Click on ”Forgot my password”
Click on the ”Try a different question” link.
Choose if you want to receive your verification code to your mobile number via Text or by voice call. (Don’t close the page yet). Select the option that works best for you and click the Send Text Message or Call Me button to submit the request.
When you have received the verification code, insert the code into the box provided by Google to verify it is you then enter a new password ***** test login.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.