Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am visiting my elderly in laws who have an iPad that has…

Customer Question
I am visiting my...

I am visiting my elderly in laws who have an iPad that has not been used in several years. They had an account,*****@******.***. That email address no longer exists and the password ***** with the account doesn’t work. I therefore created a new email address,*****@******.***. While the iPad is associated with that email account I have not been able ti get an istore account. It keeps asking for a password ***** I don’t have one for that Apple ID. What do I do

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I check simply be clicking on the mail icon which brings up the email.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

None that I am aware of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The end goal is to get a working ICloud account so I can get them set up on Facebook

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/14/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> While the iPad is associated with that email account I have not been able ti get an istore account.

Do you mean the previous email address is an Apple ID and is still in use on the iPad?

No
No I have found a work around

Good to know. What's the workaround please?

I used my own account to instal Facebook on their device.

Good practice.