Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I had forgotten my google password,that is now up to date on…

I had forgotten my...

I had forgotten my google password,that is now up to date on my I pad. The problem I am having is setting up google account on my Acer cell phone? When I try to set my password ***** declines my new password. Google responded saying This device was reset. To continue sign in with a google account that was previously synced on this device. I do this time after time and get the same response? Every thing is fine with I pad,can’t get google on phone.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, even though it’s worked on iPad google won’t go past the google messages saying this device is reset .....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so ? Just so you know I really struggle with anything to do with computer smart. If there is a way to talk to someone on a phone ?

3/14/2018
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Is it a new cell phone?

I don’t have 52.00,can you help without the extra support

If the Acer is a brand new cell phone and if you are getting the message that, the phone was reset then, it means someone has used the phone earlier and the store has sold you a used phone, sometimes it happens when some customer buy a phone and return it due to some reason and then, the same phone was sold to another customer but if the previous customer had added his or her email account on the phone and then, reset the phone before returning than the other customer who buy the same phone will not be able to use the phone as this is a new security feature was added to Android by google which does not allow anyone to add a new email address other than the email address which was added earlier, return the phone asap or ask them to do a hard reset of the phone.

sudipto_dutta

Let me know if you need any further assistance?