Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am not able to add a new aol account to Outlook 2013 (home…

Customer Question
I am not able...

I am not able to add a new aol account to Outlook 2013 (home and business, 32-bit). I am using the manual set up with settings provided on aol support page for configuring settings, but when the test email is sent receive ERROR: the server responded: 553 57.1. I sent request to aol for help last week but have received no reply.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Oops, sorry Windows 2007

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Outlook?

I don't know I just started in this office and inherited this outlook.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I'm aware of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/14/2018
Email technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 4 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

sorry for the delay: it took an inordinately long time to load the pages! yes you may connect my computer
Wow, this is getting pricey for advice on setting up an email account on Outlook! Is there another way?

I sent offer

Cody,
I lost my internet connection and couldn't retrieve it, so have left that office and no longer am at the PC that I'm having issues with. How long does the free introductory rate apply? I won't be back there probably until next Tuesday.

I"m not sure what you signed up for, you can email***@******.*** to find out