Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have an iPad with OS9. Too old to upgrade to OS 11. My…

Customer Question
I have an iPad...

I have an iPad with OS9. Too old to upgrade to OS 11. My outgoing emails sometimes go to my Outbox. There is a message that says something to the effect that it cannot access the server. My IPhone, which is newer and is upgraded does not have that problem.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I just updated both in the last day or so. The problem has been going on for about a week. I think I got an OS update for my iPhone and did it. About the same time....related?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My wife decided to delete my Yahoo mail account and then reload it. That didn’t work. It did, however, erase my notes connected to the yahoo accounts. I am currently “restoring” them through iTunes....

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/14/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
What's the email provider in question? Did you try removing the email accout and re-adding it again? Basically this will reset the email protocol configuration to the latest parameters.
We did that with no success.

Okay. What's the email provider in question? Or if you don't know, what's the email address managed on iPad running iOS 9?

Yahoo is the provider

Okay, let's try manual settings for your Yahoo account.

Please first remove the mail account as you did before, then add a new account but don't choose Yahoo as the provider. Use "other" instead. Then input the mail settings as per below Yahoo official settings.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

Please do let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Ok, will not be able to do it until tomorrow

Tried the settings? Any feedback please? Thanks.

We didn't do anything. Before we could, the problem went away..... Server issue? Thanks for your help....