Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I’ve had my personal email account thru’ Verizon. That is no…

I’ve had my personal...

I’ve had my personal email account thru’ Verizon. That is no longer the case. I’ve been using my work account for some time but it is time to create my own account separate from my employer. I created a gmail account under another name so that I could contact Google if in specific need. Can I change the name on that account to my own name, or should I set up a second account?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Tablet.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing so far. Think of me as your grandmother. I know nothing and can use all the help I can get.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m working with an iPhone 6S and iPad Air (probably 3 + years old). Please speak Apple or, preferably, English.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

Yes, you can change your name on your gmail account anytime.

Click the link:

https://myaccount.google.com/privacy

Scroll down and click Name and edit your name and click Done.

If you have other queries, please let me know.

I will be glad to answer your any follow up queries.

And kindly take a second to rate my service(-OK or more-by scrolling up and clicking stars at the top of the page and choose Submit).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanx, Sandy. Here goes!

Please follow the steps and take a second to rate my service (-OK or more-by scrolling up and clicking stars at the top of the page and choose Submit).

Please confirm if you're able to change your name under your gmail account.

If no, please reply back to me.

Else, please remember to rate my service.

Regards, Sandy

Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was able to change it under the Recovery Account. Is that now my official email account that I can give to all corespondents?

To connect with me over secure remote session on your Microsoft Windows based computer, please follow the steps given below:

Click the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d8030a90-71fb-4f89-be12-b365766e1f69

Scroll down on that page and click "I Agree".

Download/allow and run this program(elinsore.screenconnect) to start secure remote session.

If you;re facing any issue while following these steps, please type in your contact number(landline or mobile). I will call you directly and help you with this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I clicked the link above and “agreed”. Can’t tell if anything is happening now.

please type in your contact number(landline or mobile). I will call you directly and help you with this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Mobile:************

I will call you in 5 minutes. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Roger that

Click the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=68f4b81a-07ac-4512-9850-4aad29de3b37

I have created a new gmail account. You can use it now. Thank you.

Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist