Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I forgot my YAHOO password. I tried all of Yahoo's

Customer Question
I forgot my YAHOO...

I forgot my YAHOO password. I tried all of Yahoo's suggestions, which ran me around in circles with no luck. I used a `phone number and a back-up email (gmail) which gave me a Yahoo account key to get into my emails but I don't have a password. Yahoo is trying to get me to use an account key for all sign-ins instead of a password. I have read a lot of bad reviews about using key instead of a password. I am having this problem on my PC as well as my phone. (android)

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have my cell number but it only gets me an acct key to open email for that one time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/14/2018
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

I need to check.

What's the make / model of your computer, such as Microsoft, HP, Dell, Apple, Mac, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, Toshiba, etc.?

Windows 10

Thank you. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

can u help me without the4 extra cost
I'm tired and I just want you to help me with no extra cost. Can you help me now?

Yes. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yb5l3zvu
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Working on issue, thanks.

I'm opening this issue to other experts, thanks.

I need help asap. I dont feel very confident that anyone can solve my problem. :(
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Do not have access at this moment to my PC. It is being used by another family member.

OK

Josh, are you there? Can you help me? The first tech was not able to fix my problem.
No

Unfortunately, there isn't a way around the recovery options. If you are unable to use those options, then you will need to open a new account.

You can't do anything else? I hate to open a new email acct b/c it is hard to notify the hundreds of contacts of a new email address.
are you there?
I will try another expert. Thank you
This is day 2 of my 7 day trial for $5.00. I want s full refund b/c your experts (2) are not able to help me.