Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just set up a new work email, it is not sending emails…

I just set up...

I just set up a new work email, it is not sending emails with Outlook, (however I'm able to send using Outlook Live and Ox)

Technician's Assistant: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?

They are stuck in my outbox

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?

I removed the antivirus software and just updated Outlook from 2010 to 2016

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats the main issue

3/14/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What is the domain name of the work email?
  3. Is the email account setup as IMAP or POP on Outlook 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1) Windows
2) @kradconsulting.com
3) IMAP
I've tried everything that most forums suggest, uninstall anti virus, uninstall/reinstall Outlook

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please check your Outlook. Are you able to receive but not send?

Please tell me the name of the server for Outgoing mails.

Email address is set up through Site Builder. I'm able to receive through the desktop Outlook Application. (And able to send/receive through the Outlook Live and Ox platform.
IMAP Configuration - e.g. imap.kradconsulting.comSMTP Configuration - e.g. smtp.kradconsulting.comYour username - e.g.***@******.***

Since you are able to receive, IMAP is working fine. The problem is the SMTP or Outgoing server.

Is SSL turned ON? Or is it TLS?

Also, what port is used?

Please delete all stuck emails in the Outbox so that they will not interfere with troubleshooting.

IMAP 143
SMTP 25
Outgoing emails are deleted
Not sure about SSL

Can you please send me a screenshot of your Settings?

Please check that "My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"

For the Advanced tab, under Outgoing server, it is set to NONE now. Please check if you have STARTTLS there. Please select it then set the port to 587. Then test.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
GENIUS! That was the trick! Thanks so much. That didn't change any of my security settings right? Will my signature block remain the same when using Outlook 2016/Outlook Live and Ox? They all seem to be different based on the settings? Appreciate your help!

Thank you and I am glad it worked! Yes, your security is not affected and your system and email should be secured and intact. It is just the protocol that your email server are Outlook should be using to communicate correctly.

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess