Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot connect to Outlook. It tries but times out. I've…

I cannot connect to...

I cannot connect to Outlook. It tries but times out. I've recently up

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried going to find send and receive and clicking on the group name.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I recently set up the AOL/Verizon change. I had a problem that all 49000 old e-mails duplicated and tried to down load to my Outlook file. I deleted a lot of them but it looks like they are still on the AOL server. I did check the box in set up to have them not stay on the server. I tested (and changed as required) my e-mail and it went through ok.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/y9q76ke5
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

When I went to the url addy it said it couldn't find it.

you clicked on it?

what web browser are you using?

Google

it'll download file in bottom left of window

The bottom left of which window? On your site or on my phone? Sorry, clueless person here!

you need to run it on your computer not phone

still lost. Where do i go to see info? I see a box with a diamond - am I close to the right spot?

go to this site on your computer https://tinyurl.com/y9q76ke5

What web browser are you using?

Can you connect me again after the restart?

Could you send that Elsinore file again please?
I got the message about Outlook. I tried to get rid of them before. How do I do that?

just delete them in web interface.

I can help if you want, what all can be deleted? like anything pre 2017 or something?

Which files will be deleted? The ones in folders too?

inbox

On second thought, yes from 2017 and earlier. I would appreciate your help.

lost connection, prob need to pick up on this tomorrow

Ok. Will you contact me or?

i'm on now

Just got computer up.

slow connection can't see anything

Wonderful! Are we all finished? Appreciate your help so much.

yes all done, yw!