Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I changed my Password 10 days ago when I was in San Diego…

Customer Question
My name is*****...

My name is***** I changed my Password ***** days ago when I was in San Diego attending a conference, and now I am unable to access my email account. I have tried for days using the Recover Password ***** and keep going in circles. Once of the questions is when did I open my Gmail account...I have no idea...who knows that kind of thing. Now, if I could get into my account, I could tell, you because I save everything, and problem have the Welcome to GMail notice. Then one of the message I got was it did not recognize my Phone number, but when it sends me the G -code, it comes to my XXX-XXX-6826 number, which is my cell phone number. I don't know what else to do. I need assistance. I will provide you whatever you need to prove that I am who I say I am. kk

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No, but I can log in now, if you like. I now have the page up and it is asking for Password.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The Security Question it asks was the original one I set up years ago. I believe it was either Missy or Smokey. It then asks when I opened the Account. I have no idea.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything. Thank you. kk

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Are you going to be able to chat with me shortly? kk
3/13/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What's your Gmail address in question? Please advise and I will review its situation for you. Thanks.

bbao, any progress? I know when I changed my password, probably now 12 or 13 days ago, I changed it to joekennedy from JAK120248. Since I was at a conference, I was probably in a hurry and made a typo. Does that help you at all?? I really need to get into my email, not just for my mail, but I also have files, contacts, etc.. Thank you for your assistance. Kim

Two suggestions to prevent this from happening again.

1. Enable two-step verification, but you have to always bring your cell phone with you this way and enable international roaming if often travel overseas.

2. Enable apps password, instead the traditional universal, single password ***** everything from web access to logon from an email app.

What!! This does not help me at all. I have already tried the two step process. Otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time with you. What is this, just a Scam to get my money and credit card. Forward me to a Supervisor who can help we, as I presume this is why Google outsourced this service. Thank you.

Two-steps verification is for new apps or new system. For legacy apps or system, you have to use app password? Did you try it?

Is that an app that you download to your phone? If so, I can't do that either because my phone is a TracFone and I have to sign to my Gmail account to download apps. I am a mess aren't I. I apologize for going all hateful on you...this is just so darn frustrating. Question: could I download the app on someone else's phone or does it have to be my phone. Kim

> Is that an app that you download to your phone?

No, it is a security setting of Gmail, under My Account > Sign into Google.

Thank you. I will try that in the morning and let you know how it goes. It has been a 15 hour day for me and another long one one tomorrow. Goodnight. Kim

Any feedback please? Tried given security setting to enable app password? Please advise. Thanks.

I have corrected the problem. Tks.
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago

Great. As the issue has been well addressed and fixed, can you please rate my service and close the case? Thanks.