Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I'm concerned that Gmail is storing all of my archived email…

Customer Question
I'm concerned that Gmail...

I'm concerned that Gmail is storing all of my archived email files in my old Outlook folder.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I havent really troubleshooted. But when I look up my storage through WinDirStat I have 3GB dedicated to Outlook files

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am switching away from this laptop and wiping it so I can give it back to my company so I'm concerned that if I wipe it. I will lose all of my archived records in gmail

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/13/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> I'm concerned that Gmail is storing all of my archived email files in my old Outlook folder.

> I am switching away from this laptop and wiping it so I can give it back to my company

What's the computer type (Windows PC or Mac)?

Do you have keep the all existing applications on the computer when returning it back to the company?