Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

90 year old M T***** cannot get into her google email

Customer Question
90 year old Dorothy...

90 year old Dorothy M T***** cannot get into her google email account. She cannot remember her information such as password. The phone connection listed on her account cell phone number *** *** **** , the cell phone has discontinued (couldn't hear). Could you please help get her connected back to her account. Thank you

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The phone number listed was her cell phone number(###) ###-#### Her cell phone was disconnected because she could not hear.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Thank you for making her happy !

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/14/2018
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.
First open the Gmail login page at Gmail.com.
Type in your Email address and then click NEXT.
Click on ”Forgot my password”
Click on the ”Try a different question” link.
Choose if you want to receive your verification code to your mobile number via Text or by voice call. (Don’t close the page yet). Select the option that works best for you and click the Send Text Message or Call Me button to submit the request.
When you have received the verification code, insert the code into the box provided by Google to verify it is you then enter a new password ***** test login.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Mr. David L , we have tried all of this and since Dot Thomas doesn't have her cell phone any more since she could not hear and received very few calls. I , Elizabeth Norris, have been helping Dot Thomas with everything , how can we get her account reinstated. She does not remember password ***** no longer has a cell phone could you give a way to get her gmail account working. Emails are the event of the day for her. Thank you for your continued help. You can text me or call me on my cell number (###) ###-#### Dot Thomas is in an assisted living facility and I am about 8 minutes away from her right now.
Did you get the text? Are you going to help or are you saying you can only help for $39.00 ?

Please disregard the remote assistance messages - those are automated messages displayed by the Just Answer system - they are not from me.

Does she have a backup or recovery email associated with her account? If so, when stepping through the recovery procedure, choose to use a recovery email address instead if available.

She does not remember recovery or back up email. When I put in my email address it did not work. Is the answer to get a new email address?

Possibly however there are a few more things to try.

If she or someone knows all the computers or devices used to login to her email account, since web browsers such as Firefox can be configured to remember passwords, the password ***** her account may be recovered by connecting to her account using a web browser that has saved her password ***** auto-login purposes. So do you know if all the computers and web browsers used to access her account have been checked to see if any of them can still login automatically?

Safari is her browser. The emails she gets are from a few friends and that is all she uses her email . Could you send me a verification code that I can use on her gmail account questions that would get her back to be able to use her email? It is 12:16 am eastern daylight savings time so there isn't anything I can do at this hour to check her computer. Thank you for trying.

The following link provides an exhaustive list of options for account recovery based upon the resources (such as recovery emails or answers to security questions or other account information) you have available to recover the account:

click here

Let me know if any of the options fit with the information you have on hand for the account.