Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Just got mail they said I requested to have them remove my…

Just got mail they...

Just got mail they said I requested to have them remove my Google acct. In 1 hour. I did not do this. What do I do please hurry!!!

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

This is my android phone. Just received email telling me this . At your request in 1 he. after you get this message at your request your Google account will be removed. I'm pabinking

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Gmail someone is shutting it down my Google acct. I did not authorize this. This message said -- At my request it would be shut down

3/13/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

This is a common phishing email and it is not from google and your account will not be shut down. They are trying to scare you into clicking a link in the email in order to steal your password. If you did click a link in the email go ti myaccount.google.com and change your password ***** away.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist
I'm very sorry I was panicking. I'm 68yrs old and not computer savey. If I had any money at all it would go to you. Sad but true, being on a fixed income is hard to find any extra. Thank you so much . I really do appreciate your help.