Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My Facebook account did not transfer to my new phone. It was…

My Facebook account did...

My Facebook account did not transfer to my new phone. It was set to keep me signed in on my old phone. I changed from Yahoo to Gmail and don't remember what the Yahoo password ***** therefore cannot access my account and don't want to open a new one. Please help! Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Sierra 10.12.8

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Facebook?

I tried yesterday. Again I cannot get in so I don't think it updated. Before then I had never updated .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I only want to know how to change my email address and keep my existing account. I cannot do that without the old Yahoo password. Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you.
3/13/2018
Jeevan DSouza

Try this:

Go to facebook and enter the email address and then click on forgot password. They will send you a link to reset your password. If this works, please give me a 5-star rating

Remember your email password ***** yahoo password ***** be different

Which address are you asking me to enter my old Yahoo address or my new Gmail address?

The one that is linked to facebook

Thank you!! It worked.

I'm glad it did! Please give me a 5-star rating!

Jeevan DSouza