Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have some questions concerning changing my email address…

I have some questions...

I have some questions concerning changing my email address from Time Warner/ Spectrum to HOTMAIL. The reason I am changing is I am dropping my current carrier (Spectrum) and signing up with ATT. Can you help with these questions?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Time Warner? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have a Laptop and I use Microsoft Outlook for emails. I have all my contacts and calendar on Outlook. I want to continue using my current Outlook. I also get my emails on the iPhone and tablet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Will my current email address emails be transferred to Hotmail after I make this switch?

3/13/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Your current emails will not be transferred automatically. This will need to be a manual process.

What will need to happen is first, you will need to setup a Hotmail email address online.

(https://signup.live.com/?uaid=fbcaee353a6e4a779410a89b9c489c4a&lic=1)

Then, you will need to setup the hotmal account in outlook. I provided the settings for Hotmail below.

Once this is setup and working, you can have both of the email accounts side by side in outlook. This will allow you to select all of the items in each folder (inbox, send, deleted) and drag them to the new folders in the Hotmail account.

After everything is transferred and you are satisfied, you can remove the old Time Warner email address and use only the hotmail.

Hotmail in outlook setup:

• Select File | Info in Outlook email.
  • Click Add Account.
  • Make sure E-mail Account is selected.
  • Enter your name under, yes, Your Name:.
  • Type your Windows Live Hotmail address under E-mail address:.
  • Enter your Windows Live Hotmail password under both Password: and Retype Password.
  • Click Next >.
  • Now click Finish.

You may also want to contact Time Warner to ask them if they can setup a Forward on your email account, to auto forward any emails that come into that account in the future to your new hotmail account. That way you do not miss emails from anyone currently sending to your Time Warner email address in the future.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
    Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist