Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It’s not my computer. I can’t log into several of my gmail…

Hi, it’s not my...

Hi, it’s not my computer. I can’t log into several of my gmail accounts because i forgot my passwords.I changed my phone number recently and

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No. Problem is, I had an Android loner phone, broke the screen, had my iPhone 6s Plus repaired , then changed my #.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

My old # and other broken phone was my only way to access my accounts.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that covers it. PLEASE help, these were my business gmail accounts.

3/13/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

What I would suggest is following the below instructions for each gmail account that you would like to reset the login to:

Gmail password:
Recover a Forgotten Gmail Password:

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:
    • have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or
    • have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.
  2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.
  3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.
  4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or
  2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:
    • If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.
    • Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):
      • Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:
        1. An SMS text message received from Google;
        2. An app (e.g. Google Authenticator); or
        3. Printed back-up codes.
      • Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.
    • A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:
      • You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.​
    • A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:
      • Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.
      • You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.
    • A security question for Gmail password *****:
      • Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.
    • When you set up the account:
      • Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.
    • If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass.

Once you have established yourself as your account's owner using any of the – and usually multiple – steps above, Gmail will log you in to the account. If, for security reasons, you do want to change your password, follow the Change password link.

Gmail password:
Recover a Forgotten Gmail Password:

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access toyour account:

1. Make sure you either:
  4. Click Next.

• A previous password:
        3. Printed back-up codes.
    • When you set up the account:

Once you have established yourselfas your account's owner using any of the – and usually multiple – steps above,Gmail will log you in to the account. If, for security reasons, you do want tochange your password, follow the Change password link.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
None of this works.
I need to speak with a google tech on the phone to figure out a way to verify my identity.Ok, without completely sounding rude,
here’s how simple my very complex issue is:
I had a Samsung Mega(while waiting on a repair to my iPhone 6s Plus).
I changed my phone number, broke the screen on the Sam/Mega, THE ONLY method of recovery was my old phone number and the Sam/Mega.I would be more than happy to take a picture of myself holding my I.d. , and scanning my I.d. To prove my identity.

Ok, here is what I would suggest as the best route to get this taken care of. Please use this number which will connect you to the service desk for google. They will be able to get the call routed to work with you to get the identity issue worked out:

+1(###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here are the accounts:***@******.******@******.******@******.***The previous phone # was:
1-***-***-****My new number is:
1-***-***-****An email I have access to now is:***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THANK YOU so much Jamie!

Anytime, glad to be able to help. If you are satisfied please make sure to rate 5 stars!

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist