Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I forgot my google password for, also no longer have my

I forgot my google...

I forgot my google password ********@******.***, also no longer have my recovery account of***@******.***. That email is no longer valid. What can I do to get my***@******.*** active again

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Went to recovery and they send to an account that is not active

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to keep my***@******.***

3/13/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Recover a Forgotten Gmail Password:

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:
    • have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.
  2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.
  3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.
  4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or
  2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:
    • If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.
    • Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):
      • Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:
        1. An SMS text message received from Google;
        2. An app (e.g. Google Authenticator); or
        3. Printed back-up codes.
      • Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.
    • A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:
      • You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.​
    • A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:
      • Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.
      • You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.
    • A security question for Gmail password *****:
      • Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.
    • When you set up the account:
      • Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.
    • If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass.

Once you have established yourself as your account's owner using any of the – and usually multiple – steps above, Gmail will log you in to the account. If, for security reasons, you do want to change your password, follow the Change password link.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need any clarity.

If this helps, please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist
My recovery email no longer exsits
Really you guys are gonna keep charging me
If I pay this will it be fixed

That is not a problem, we should be able to get around the recovery email.

I will send you the remote support link in the following email to connect in.

I need to be able to sign into my email***@******.***

Understood, we should be able to request a login reset through the gmail web page, using the above instruction.

Here is the remote assistance link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=38a185aa-d691-4bce-976a-d1aeb91f0639

-Jamie

I can’t open the link on my phone. This is the only access I have to information
Hello
Stop charging me. You guys are useless to me. Google sucks

Correct, this will only work from a PC or MAC. It will not work on a phone or ipad type of device.

-Jamie

Sorry that you feel that way, we are not affiliated with Google in any way. If you would like to speak with Google directly here is their contact number: 1 ***-***-****.

this is wasted money
How can I use my sons laptop to fix this problem

If you use the steps above from any laptop (your sons included) it will allow you to reset the login for that Gmail account. Here are the steps again if you need them:

1. Make sure you either:
  4. Click Next.

• A previous password:
        3. Printed back-up codes.
    • When you set up the account:

-Jamie