Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have 6 different gmail acounts, all using the same

Customer Question
I have 6 different...

I have 6 different gmail acounts, all using the same password. I access all gmail emails using MToday, I received some text messages from Google saying they had blocked attempted sign-ons to all my accounts. So I changed all my passwords (but they still all match). However, I am still unable to send and receive emails.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I have Gmail on my iphone but not logged in.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I already reset my password ***** all 6 accounts using my desktop.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Probably not. We can discuss it when connected.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/13/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your gmail. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Please only refer to one device for now. Preferably a laptop/computer to check the accounts.

This will depend on 'how' you are logging in to those gmails.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

PC, Windows 8 (or 8.1), using Google Chrome. I access all emails through a user interface (MS Outlook) rather than directly going to Google Gmail.
I will have to continue this later. I have an appointment in 45 minutes, and I know this will take much longer than that. Is there any way to discuss this by phone? It's too complex to bat Q & As back and forth.

Ok. What version of outlook? 7/10/13/16?

Please go to a browser for me and log into each gmail account to determine the passwords are working without using autofill. Enter email and password *****

Reply back with results.

Yes, there is remote support where i log in 'with' you and we do this together on your computer or by phone. Remote is simplest.

I am on EST. Take your time today. Just reply back when ready to proceed. I should be in the office fairly late today.

Thank you, ***** ***** will continue later. I'm just back from an extended vacation and have a ton of stuff to do in addition to being sole caregiver to my elderly mother. So bear with me.
In the meantime, my Outlook is v.7.

Perfect. Just wait to reply until ready so it sends me a fresh update to alert me you are ready.

OK, thanks. Off to other chores now.

.

Hi Isaac...
I'm ready to tackle this.

Ok, i just got back in myself. Perfect timing.

Do you have all those gmails added to your Outlook?

There is a difference between logging in on the web with a password ***** changing it when you do.

You must change it on Outlook too *update it*.

Where are we in this process?

I changed all the passwords in both Gmail and in Outlook, but I still can't send or receive emails.

Ok, what error do you get exactly? And did you close outlook and your computer and restart it afterwards?

Just a minute... I'm trying something.

Ok, let me know how far you are and where when you reply.

In Outlook, I click on the Send/Receive button. The Outlook Send/Receive Progress dialog box pops up.
All 6 email accounts show Sending as Completed. However, the same accounts show Receiving as Processing, and the Enter Network Password ***** box pops up 6 times... once for each Gmail account. The password ***** ***** already. If I click OK, the dialog box disappears, but then comes right back showing the same Gmail address, as if I did nothing. If I click Cancel, it disappears but comes right back showing the next Gmail address.
This continues for a total of 6 times until all Gmail addresses have been displayed, and I've cancelled them, one by one. I continally have to repeat this process, as it repeats every 10 minutes.

Have you taken those accounts out yet and readded them? This is the simplest way to do it to keep that from happening if you know you have the right password.

You can follow the first solution on this page for imap.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/e6b409df-efcf-4b56-a1d2-3a182e32e214/outlook-2007-keeps-asking-for-username-and-password-gmail?forum=outlook

Then, make sure your less apps is on for each gmail account. You will have to log into each gmail, then click this link below; (you can click on the link for go to less secure apps once your gmail is there and it will take you to it each time for that gmail: make sure it is ON.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

Then close and open your outlook and try each account.

This is your gmail/imap settings.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en&visit_id=0-636565819143181803-2685242218&rd=1#cantsignin

If that doesnt work for you, we can just delete and readd each gmail from your 07.

You can import/export that pst file so you dont lose anything if you created folders inside the outlook that is not on the gmail server.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/287070/how-to-manage-pst-files-in-microsoft-outlook

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I have to delete all 6 accounts and then recreate them in Outlook? And how do I know if they all have the correct (and matching) password?
I don't log into any of the Gmail accounts using Outlook... they download automatically, which is the way I want to work.
And what is "less apps"?
See? This is why I need to discuss the problem by phone. I hate this damn texting!!!

I sent the offer for remote support to help you with this earlier by connecting computer to computer.

You dont have to delete them. You can use the first links i sent you first.

You have to log into each gmail account in a browser to test the password ***** the autofill to ensure they work first.

Oh good Lord! Just shoot me!

Im sorry it is so difficult. This is why i thought it may be best to just delete and readd them other than all those other steps. But, you must check those emails as you have many in a browser with the password ***** by manually entering email and password.

I will accept the offor for remote support, because I can't take the time to slave over the stinkin' computer. But I won't be able to do it for maybe 2 or 3 hours more, as I have to take care of my 106 yo mother. Thanks, ***** ***** will continue with remoted support later this evening, or at my earliest convenience.

I will not be in. However, lets continue if you would like to tomorrow between 830am EST and 5pm if you would like?

I can't work on it tomorrow... too many other priorities. Are you the technician who would help remotely? I assumed it would be someone else.

I will open this up for other experts to review for you to allow the remote you need.

OK, thanks. I just need the support to be when I'm available to sit and work on it rather than when the technician is available. I'm sure you understand.
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Do you still need help here?

but I can't take the time now due to other priorities. It will have to be later tonight or within the next couple of days.

Sure, take your time, just buzz me here when you are ready again. Thanks.

ok

Can I know any feedback please? Thanks.

My problem has been resolved. Thank you for your time.
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant