Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was asked by aol to estabish a new password for the mail.

Customer Question
I was asked by...

I was asked by aol to estabish a new password ***** the mail. When I did that all of the old e-mails were gone. Can any of my old e-mails be returned?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I think web broser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tried the trash can but no old e-mails

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Please connect me

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/12/2018
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. It sounds like you created a new account instead of changing your password. Did you have to enter a lot of information and choose a different email address?

date of birth, a question to be answered if there are problems and more

Has your email address changed? 1 of two things happened. The account may have been hacked and the hacker deleted your mail or you created a new account. So we need to know if your email address is the same as it was.

Forgot user name and password ***** established new user name and password
Just need old e mail

Ok then your old email is not supposed to be there. Your old email will be in the inbox of the old user name. If you create a new user name it will be blank. So if you want your old email back you will need to remember the username and password. You will need to at least remember your old user name in order to try and reset the password, if you cannot then you can use the new account but the old mail is stored under the old user name which you will need to log in with to view. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Anna has some memory problems and has no idea what her old user name and password ***** We are trying to get to some tax info. This is her husband bruce

Hello Bruce, is there any chance that her AOL account was connected with a master AOL account? You can check if you log in here https://myservices.aol.com/home

Also are you still current paying members of AOL or was this account just a free account?

We are paying for an e mail account

Ok what I think will be easiest is doing this over the phone that way AOL can find the user name based off your billing information. Please call 1(###) ###-####and they should be able to handle it from here.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.