Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I recently opened a new email account. I believe that it is…

Customer Question
Hello, I recently opened...

Hello, I recently opened a new email account. I believe that it is***@******.*** I cannot remember what the password ***** ***** have become locked out. please let me know if I'm on the wrong track, if it belongs to someone else. but if registered to me Raymond Dones let me know how to reset password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

This is the same computer that I opened said account like on

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I can open my other email accounts, this is for business

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The missing account is approx. 2-3 weeks old.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/12/2018
Email technician: Kraig, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Computer Support Specialist

Hi Raymond, I'm Kraig. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To reset your password:

• Go to the Reset your password *****.

• Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.

• Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover.

• Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.

• If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter the code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.

I have done just that a few times but to no avail

I am sorry to hear that. The process usually works. Not sure what could be causing it to not work when you try.

My only other suggestion would be to try the same steps using a different browser. Clear the browser cache first. Some people have found success doing that.

Try it and let me know what happens.

one more question, please:
why would my vpn thru avg keep turning on and off, without being prompted during operation of computer?

Sorry for just getting back to you.

As it pertains to your VPN through AVG, in most cases a corrupted installation would cause it to turn on and off by itself. The best way to fix that would be reinstalling the VPN so that the corrupted files can be overwritten. The best strategy would be to uninstall it, restart your computer, and then install it again.