Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can recover my gmail. On a phone but my phone was shut off…

I can recover my...

I can recover my gmail***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On a phone but my phone was shut off and my number was recycled

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

All of it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

I cant get into my gmail
3/12/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist today. Thanks for your question.

To recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:
    • have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or
    • have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.
  2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.
  3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.
  4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or
  2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:
    • If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.
    • Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):
      • Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:
        1. An SMS text message received from Google;
        2. An app (e.g. Google Authenticator); or
        3. Printed back-up codes.
      • Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.
    • A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:
      • You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.​
    • A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:
      • Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.
      • You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.
    • A security question for Gmail password *****:
      • Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.
    • When you set up the account:
      • Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.
    • If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass.

Once you have established yourself as your account's owner using any of the – and usually multiple – steps above, Gmail will log you in to the account. If, for security reasons, you do want to change your password, follow the Change password link.

I hope this helps you recover the account. Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

If this helped, please rate me 5 stars!

-Thanks,
      Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist
I have done all of that and I still cant get in to my account because my phone number was recycled

To reset your password:

1. Enter your Google Account email address on the password ***** page and type the words in the distorted picture.
  2. Follow the instructions to get back into your account.

To keep your account secure, you’ll need to choose a new password ***** you haven’t already used with this account. If you're signing in from someplace where you don’t usually sign in, you might be asked to confirm the email or phone number on your account.

If you no longer have access to recovery email address or phone number: After you select "I don't know my password," and enter your username, they offer you recovery options in order to access your account. If you can't access these recovery options, you can click the link at the bottom of the page to verify your identity. You’ll then be given a series of questions to verify that you own the account. Answer as many questions as possible, and make sure your answers are accurate. If you’re unsure about an answer, provide your best guess. It also helps to submit your answers from a computer you've used in the past.

If that doesnt do it, I would suggest contacting your phone provider (ATT, Verizon, Tmobile) and letting them know if the issue, to see how they would like to proceed. But, you should be able to get around the phone number issue using these steps above.

-Jamie

did I pay 40.00 for u to do it for me????????