Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot get my Outlook to come up. It starts with emails…

I cannot get my...

I cannot get my Outlook to come up. It starts with emails from 3 weeksw ago . I also get a box on my screen

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Working from a laptop with Outlook. This is a new problem.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I do not know. I am very new to computers and don't know the terminology or how to work the computer if I have trouble.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't even know what to ask.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please which version of outlook you are using?

Please let me know

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All I can see is "internet e-mail". When it is coming onto the screen it says simply Outlook.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What now?

The instructions I gave, I am waiting on you to do this.

I have again repeated these below

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do I put the ID and the Password ***** My e-mail is***@******.*** and I think that my password ***** ***** These are what I do not know.

ok, it seems you are reading maybe two lines of the instructions....

Is there a reason you will not read all the instructions I am giving you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand that the expert has withdrawn. If so, please cancel my contract. Tom Devine

I have not withdrawn Tom. My last message to you was

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your instructions are not clear. I told you that I am I am not familiar with computers. I do not know how to :"run the program" to give you the password ***** ID.

Please click on the file that downloads, this will then run the file, like running any file on your computer

It will then tell you the ID and Password ***** tell me here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not understand what we are doing. If you want for me to click on Outlook, I did and nothing happens. The box that pops up says "aenter your user name and password ***** the following server -- smtp.gmail.com -- user name 'tomdevinelaw34' and I do not know the password. What else?

We will try another way

Are you on a windows computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is a 'windows' computer. I am using a Dell and the Microsoft programs.

Click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=16f0575c-db64-49a9-9663-29f114d47717

It will take you to a page, click on it I agree

Then run the file that downloads at the bottom of your screen

It is called Elsinor

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Richard: Just get me out of this 'solution'. I will take full blame for my ignorance but we are not solving the problem. Please exit me out and I will work without my e-mails. Thank you. Txx Dxxxx

Did you see the Link I gave you Tom? I repeated it below

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7734fad0-3b2c-4127-8841-442dbf6edf7c

You only need to click on it, then you click on I agree in the page that opens.

A file then downloads to your computer called Elsinor and you then click on it and open it.

Richard, Email Systems Specialist