Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Is there a phone number i can call for support? i have a new…

Customer Question
Is there a phone...

Is there a phone number i can call for support? i have a new email address and want to switch my account to that.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

My old email provider is verizon and the new one is charter.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Charter? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I am not sure.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Contacting Facebook support just now. i do not know how to trouble shoot. The problem is that i am trying to switch to my new service provider and the response i received from Facebook indicated that i was setting up a new account and would have to start adding friends. i want to keep the friends i have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Am i going to be able to speak to someone who can help?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/12/2018
Email technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 6 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

Hello there! If you want to close your Facebook account and open a new one, Facebook unfortunately doesn't have a way for you to transfer your friends from one account to another. What you can do is download your account information to your Desktop and then use that information to repopulate your friends list on your new account. Here are the steps:

Log in to Facebook;

then click "Account."Click "Account Settings," and then click "Download Your Information."

Click "Download," and then click "Okay."
Wait for the Facebook email to arrive, and then click the link in the email.
Type your Facebook password ***** the text box, and then click the "Download Now" button.
Double-click on the file on your Desktop to open it.
Click "Friends" in the left hand side bar to bring up a list of your friends.
Sign in to your new Facebook account.
Type your first friend's name into the "Search" text box, and then click the friend's name in the search results list. Click the "Add as a Friend" button to send a friend request. Repeat for every individual friend.

If this helps, please give me a 5-star rating