Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just received a message that my Google account was going…

I just received a...

I just received a message that my Google account was going to be "Deactivated" in an hour! Why? I did not request this. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my P On my PC

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I sent am email letter to Google Help asking not to be deactivated. I don't know if it was received or not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what to ask, so I need help, fast!

3/12/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. Are you accessing your Gmail account using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Edge?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
I'm 81, so I hope I'm answering correctly.
Windows 8
Internet Explorer

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7fe33313-42f9-44e9-87f1-0b3193a723e8

Best regards,
Jess

Thank you for helping me
I do not understand
How do I remove an opt out??
I am connected with Jess now through Secure Remote Assistance.
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> my Google account was going to be "Deactivated" in an hour!

Can you please upload a screenshot of the notification email for review. In the meantime, before the notification has been identified genuine or not, please do NOT click any links in message, and do NOT do anything the message asking you to do.

Thanks.

Jess completely solved my problem. If I ever have another Google problem, I will contact the customer service dept. again. Thank you very much.

Sure, good to know everything if fine now. Thanks for using JustAnswer.