Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I accidentally put an email in trash. How can I retrieve it?

I accidentally put an...

I accidentally put an email in trash . How can I retrieve it?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Not sure. It is not my gmail account. It’s***@******.*** account.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Usually on my phone but I don’t use it very much.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have no idea how to troubleshoot

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/12/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer, a Mac, or a smartphone?
  2. Where did you trash the email? Was it in your computer? or phone?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
I was using my Apple iPhone and accidentally trashed an email I want back

Thank you for writing with that information. Are you using your computer right now to chat with me? Or are you using a smartphone?

I am using my smartphone

Thank you for writing back. Since you are using your phone, I cannot remotely access it since remote access only works on computers.

How do you access your email on your phone? Are you using the Mail app?

Is your phone an Android or iOS phone?

It is an iOS phone.
Please call me on my home phone and tell me how to retrieve my email from the trash.(###) ###-####

I am very sorry but I do not provide phone support. I only provide Remote Access support for computer devices.

In your case, the main goal is to locate Trash and to remover your trashed email. Here are the steps:

1. While in your inbox, tap the back button, with the name of the account you are in, to go back to all your mailboxes.
  2. Scroll down to the email account you want to recover your emails from, and tap Trash.
  3. Select the email you want to recover.
  4. While in the email, tap the Folder icon in the lower-left corner, beside the flag.
  5. Tap Inbox to move the email back to your inbox.