Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I would like to set up my e-mail on my new samsung phone. I…

I would like to...

I would like to set up my e-mail on my new samsung phone.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I would like to set up my new Samsung phone with my me.com e-mail. I have tried, but somehow I need permission or something from me. com to do that.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my macbook air computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have g-mail on the Samsung, but when trying to add the me.com account I use, it says I need to do something with pop3/imap.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/11/2018
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

This page will guide you through how to add the email account, and it will show you what settings to use.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/need-to-access-icloud-on-your-android-we-can-help/

If you get stuck or run into any issues let me know and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I got though the first steps where I enter my i-cloud me.com address and password.
There was no "next" to press, only "done". It says then that pop3 /imap access is not turned on.
The explanation given did not tell me how to do that, or where.
No--I do not want to spend $39 for extra support and I would like my initial membership sent back.
I do not like the way this is going.
Please--how do I get out of this???

try using these settings instead, and setting it up as imap

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304

Dustin, Email Specialist