Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

EMAIL FOR UBER IS tried my pass word .verification code they…

Customer Question
HI MY NAME IS*****...

HI MY NAME IS***** .EMAIL FOR UBER IS***@******.*** tried my pass word .verification code they both not letting me in.i sign up some time ago but always having problem.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My phone. home computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

EVERY TIME I TRY LOGING IN .IT IS SAYING MY PASSWORD ***** ***** TRY TO RESET AND STILL HAVING PROBLEM WITH THE CODE.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

NOTHING MORE THANKS.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/12/2018
Email technician: Jamie Macko, Email Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist

Hello, Thank you for your question today. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your gmail password. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist today.

Here are a few steps we can take to get this password ***** for your account. This will reset the login password ***** gmail and restart the verification process.

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:
    • have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or
    • have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.
  2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.
  3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.
  4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or
  2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:
    • If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.
    • Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):
      • Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:
        1. An SMS text message received from Google;
        2. An app (e.g. Google Authenticator); or
        3. Printed back-up codes.
      • Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.
    • A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:
      • You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.​
    • A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:
      • Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.
      • You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.
    • A security question for Gmail password *****:
      • Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.
    • When you set up the account:
      • Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.
    • If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass.

Once you have established yourself as your account's owner using any of the – and usually multiple – steps above, Gmail will log you in to the account. If, for security reasons, you do want to change your password, follow the Change password link.

I hope this helps you recover the account. Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

If this helped, please rate me 5 stars!

-Thanks,
      Jamie

Hello, did you need any further assistance with this? Let me know if you do.

Thanks,
Jamie