Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am panic stricken right now. I have held an AOL account…

Customer Question
I am panic stricken...

I am panic stricken right now. I have held an AOL account from the first time I got a computer. Suddenly, today my account was not recognized. I was directed through a series of complicated instructions to set up a new account. My email address was***@******.*** for as long as I can recall. I was asked to set up a new password ***** I did. It is m3s19m3. Now today none of that was suddenly unrecognized. I set up the new account but now all my email is lost to me, unanswered ones, recent photos, all of it. I couldn't be more unhappy. What on earth goes on. I have always been happy with your service. There are bank accounts and everything lost to me.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser on my computer (google chrome)

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am 82 years old. I haven't a clue of how to troubleshoot this other than counting on aol, as I have always relied on you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/11/2018
Email technician: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you've gone through with your AOL email.

I did a quick scan of some internet news and it looks like AOL email has been having technical issues for weeks (if not months): https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/315501/aol-email-back-after-friday-outage-but-some-users.html ;

So based on that, this is why I believe you are having problems. Now, if you'd like, I can provide a remote session where I attempt to login with the credentials that you've provided. And then I can perform a "forgot password" process and if that doesn't work, then I can call up AOL on your behalf and then see if they have any information about your account.

From this point on, I would suggest that you begin to transfer all of your email to a GMAIL account. They have a much better service with several features (like a calendar) that will help you keep up with your email and also provide you protection against forgotten passwords or hackers getting into your email - which is important as you've stated that you have your bank related information in some of your emails.

Please let me know if that helped. Thanks !