Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I had a work e-mail attached to my regular account. I don't…

I had a work...

I had a work e-mail attached to my regular account. I don't know what i did, but now I can't access the account. I can't add it to my account because the message comes back that the 2nd account is already tied to a gmail account. How do I get that back?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No, I can access it on my Amazon Fire

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I'm sure I have security questions but no phone number..... I just upgraded to a flip-phone....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The account that I need to access is ....***@******.*** it used to be attached until sometime earlier this week when I was trying to clear cookies from my computer

3/11/2018
Fran
Fran, IT

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your today. I apologize for the extended wait time you've experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Lets see if we can recover you account. Let me know when you are ready, thanks

I'm ready now. I have my G-mail account ope in another window.
I'd like to fix this myself with your help.

Ok how are you now logged into gmail?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

I'm on through my Firefox browser....

OK, at the top right you will see the small icon that looks like a gear. Click on that and click on settings

Is that what you mean?

let me know when you are in settings page

How do I do that? Is it in Firefox or Gmail...

in the Gmail. You said you are logged in to gmail correct?

Do you have another gmail account? or is the one you are trying to get in the only one you have?

I just need to know where you are? if you are at the gmail sign in page? or if you are logged in from another account

I am in my G-mail with my account open. I see my 3 types of e-mails..... personal, social, etc.. do I need to get to a sign-in ?

OK . from the email page do you see the gear in the top right corner?

OK! Got it.

Ok now setting click on it

Under the accounts and import tab click on it

Do you see your***@******.*** account on that page?

Do you see your account on that page?

No, I see my regular G-mail account and an old account that I had at my last job.

Ok lets add the account

Under your gmail account click on the add another email address

And follow the instruction for adding another account.

I did that and entered***@******.*** but I got an error message that i didn't have the correct password. I've tried 3 different ones and still don't have it.

Ok. hold one moment please

Do you see pop3 accounts on the left side in the gmail setting page

Or Check mail from other accounts

I see the check mail from other accounts

yes that is where we want to add the .com email

I've gotten there and now it won't ...Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password.

Ok. and all the info is correct the username and password?

I'm not sure.... I'm going to try again
no luck...... this is so frustrating.....

I understand. Can you find out that info from the web host of the company

we could try changing the port for the pop3 mail. common ports are 143,110, or 25

How do we do that?

You will see the port where you put your email password *****

On my Gmail account or the one I'm trying to get access

on the account you are trying to add

I see that it says port 110 with other selections

yes you can try one of the other ports maybe 143

There was a problem connecting to mail.virginiadrivertraining.com
Server returned error: "Missing +OK response upon connecting to the server: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5] Dovecot ready."

Not sure about that. You'll probably have to get with the administrate at the company. And get all the settings

The company technical support team

I was pretty sure that I'd have to do that, but wanted to try to retrieve it beforehand. Thank you for your help. This is too complicated for me.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars/ clcik on write review to submit at the top of the screen at the wrbefore you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thanks, Fran
**************************************************************

Fran
Fran, IT