Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Three days ago, my apple.smtp.mail.yahoo. com stopped

Second opinion] three days ago...
Second opinion] three days ago, my apple.smtp.mail.yahoo. com stopped sending and receiving messages. Yahoo will not accept any password ***** try, and insists on sending a list of numbers to another address on my computer, which is not always linked to the internet because i am away from home. Please helpJA: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?Customer: they stop in the outbox and then i get a message saying to try the settings list. But it won't workJA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?Customer: noJA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: can't think of anything. I am currently using my computer on my family's internet. Ipad is open and on an Optus account
3/11/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> my apple.smtp.mail.yahoo. com stopped sending and receiving messages.

Do you mean your an email program on your Apple device has stopped working on accessing Yahoo emails over SMTP protocol?

Can you please take screenshot of the error message shown your Apple device and upload it here for review?

From the computer you are using at the moment, are you able to access your Yahoo emails via web from HERE? Please verify and advise if your Yahoo credential works this way. Thanks.

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
stopped working of its own accord, no idea why
No I can't. It tells me to get into settings and change it to Smtp or some such shit. And I can't
No way I can get into yahoo. It just dies not work. That is why I am asking for help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't see why I should have to pay for something that is not my fault

Thanks for requesting remote assistance services. Please let me know what kind of computer you are using for the remote session, such as Windows PC or Mac?

Just a kind reminder for the remote session waiting for you. Please advise your computer type for the session as well as your preferred time to start. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No the offer is NOT accepted

You requested remote assistance and I have accepted your request. You were not aware of this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am aware of it, and I have changed my mind. I do not accept your offer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The offer is not accepted
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant