Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot log into my Thunderderbird Mozilla email. Tells me…

I cannot log into...

I cannot log into my Thunderderbird Mozilla email. Tells me login to server imap.gmail.com failed

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Mozilla account on any other devices?

I don't know. I don't think so. only other device i have is my iphone 7. How do I tell. I just looked into my iPhone settings under Mail but I dont really know what to look for

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes security questions. I can give you my phone number if you want to call me, or need to call me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No ? Is there anything else you need to know. I just dont know what it is you need to know

3/11/2018
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

May I know if you're facing this issue on your Microsoft Windows based computer or mac computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a Toshiba laptop so I think it must be Microsoft Windows. I dont know how to add this page to bookmarks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try to follow your instructions. dont wish to pay $55
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you still help me?

Yes, I will surely help you.

I am sending you the least possible offer from my end for secure remote session. Once you accept, i will help you directly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have just paid to be a member to fix this problem

To connect with me over secure remote session on your Microsoft Windows based computer, please follow the steps given below:

Click the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0afbdb9b-f7ce-4d44-b09b-53fdfb6384eb

Scroll down on that page and click "I Agree".

Download/allow and run this program(elinsore.screenconnect) to start secure remote session.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont agree to all the conditions so will not be allowing remote access

Okay, I will help you in the question and answer session. Is that fine?

Click the link: www.gmail.com

Enter your email address and password ***** tell me if you're able to login or not.

May I know if you're able to login into your gmail account or not?

Please visit your gmail webmail page account and try to login.

If you're not able to login, please click Forgot password and then create a new password.

And then you can enter new password ***** Thunderbird.

Please tell me about its outcome.

I will be standing by.

I am also ready to help you over the phone as well. Just let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I could login, then I tried sending an email to myself but a message came up that said "Message cannot be sent using Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.gmail for an unknown reason. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again

Have you added this account as IMAP or POP way?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I know which ? Where do I look ?

Please click the Tools-Accounts settings-Click the Account and click Server settings.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its says Server Type IMAP

Please remove this email account from Thunderbird and re-add it again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just did like you asked, then tried sending myself an email and when I pressed send i got a message saying login to server smtp.gmail.com failed

May I connect with you remote at no extra cost?

Have you added the email account again successfully?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe so

Click the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fa6cad3c-444d-4486-be03-04ebf0205fa7

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok done.

You mean added account successfully?

Please tell me if you have removed and added your email program successfully and issues is fixed now?

OR

May I know if you want me to help you over secure remote session for no extra cost for remote session?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did remove my email account from account settings like you asked me to and put in a new password. but when I try to send an email to myself to see if it is working it tells me to verify that my Outgoing server SMTP settings are correct and try again.
yes you can help me over the secure remote session at no extra cost for remote session

Click the link:

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am receiving emails from other people on this email account but I cannot send anything, it keeps on wanting me to put in my password ***** every turn

Click the link:

I have fixed the issue over secure remote session.

If you have other queries, please let me know.

I will be glad to answer your any follow up queries.

And kindly take a second to rate my service(-OK or more-by scrolling up and clicking stars at the top of the page and choose Submit).

Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist