Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Looking for a way to quickly delete a massive number of old…

Customer Question
Looking for a way...

Looking for a way to quickly delete a massive number of old AOL emails,

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

These old emails go back decades ~ looking for a way to locate them in windows explorer.

Technician's Assistant: Are you checking your AOL mail in your browser or using an email client (such as Outlook)?

Just recently cannot open in standard version, instead of basic version ~ AOL technician said I need to delete a massive number of old emails, without giving me any details on how to do it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Open for suggestions.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/10/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your emails. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

You can do this easily for both issues.

If you want standard version:

Click on the link “Standard Version” from the page footer after sigining into aol.

To switch to AOL Basic Mail go to the top right, click Options, and select Basic Version.

To delete mass emails:

Open up your aol and sign in for windows computer.

In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard, and then click the first email that you wish to delete.

2. Now, hold the Shift key down, and click the last email in the list. This will select all the emails between the first email and the last email that you have selected. (make sure you look before you hit delete and uncheck any of the ones you want to keep)

3. Click Delete.

I do not advise you try this from a phone or tablet/ipad etc. They dont usually offer as many options as a computer/mac. To get rid of that many emails, another smaller os device will take a lot of time.

If you need further help, i am leaving you an aol guide. Click the link below and then click THE TRASH FOLDER AND DELETING MAIL and use the drop down for HOW DO I DELETE AN EMAIL OR MULTIPLE EMAILS IN AOL.

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-features-and-actions

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin