Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I've been trying to reduce the backlog of messages in my…

Customer Question
I've been trying to...

I've been trying to reduce the backlog of messages in my InBox. I've deleted many, but the number next to IN doesn't go down much. What does that number really stand for and how do I reduce it?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/10/2018
Email technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 5 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

It shows the amount of unread emails

How do I delete unread emails? Besides, I've read the 1000+ emails, just haven't deleted them!
I'm not paying more money, please answer my first question to this service!
Hello?
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

For Gmail, you can use labels to show only unread messages then delete all of them after highlighting / selecting ALL.

Totally useless, I have no idea where labels r or how to use them!

Please standby, I am preparing a screenshot for you.

u won’t answer without another payment???? I can feel a Facebook posting coming on!��
Thank you!

Please see HERE the screenshot demonstrating how to show UNREAD messages only. You add more labels if required.

I am answering your question without another payment. I guess you were referring to that annoying message pushing you for remote assistance. Please ignore it as it was not from me, by the site instead.

There’s no hyperlink in your response.��

Refresh the page...

bbao, thanks for your efforts. the screen shot isn't self-explanatory and is tough to see on an iIPhone6s. I'll just muddle through,
unless you can send the screen shot to my email address.***@******.***.
Many thanks!

Email communication belongs to premium services which needs an extra charge. As per your messages above, I guess you don't prefer it.

Okay, do this way:

1. Make sure to access your Gmail messages via web. Please click HERE to do that.

2. Input "is: unread" in the search email field to show all emails unread.

That's it.

Appreciate your text message! Would love to talk w/u, but not for $39.��

You are welcome. Done that?

If u r asking if we r finished the answer is yes. Have a great day!

Great. If so, can you please rate my service and close this case? Thanks!

Excellent except he didn’t have a solution for me.

> he didn’t have a solution for me.

Once you use is:unread to filter out all unread emails, a simple click may send them in to the Trash folder. Is it the solution you are looking for?