Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Had some work done on my PC and when I restarted facebook…

Customer Question
Had some work done...

Had some work done on my PC and when I restarted facebook and google (gmail) asked for login with my gmail and for a password ***** I have long since forgotten. So when I hit recover the system says it has sent me a text. However, my telephone number has changed to 514 -709- 4973 and that number has not been updated in any profile. So is this something you can change at your end so that I will get the text with the security code and then continue with my recovery?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I can access Gmail through my Samsung device but am not presently on the device...this msg is typed on my PC

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Think the phone number may be old so the text massage back to me is going there instead of to my new phone number which is(###) ###-#### so can you access my profile and reset the phone number?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No please go ahead

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hope it is clear that I am asking for a profile change in my phone numbet
3/10/2018
Email technician: GeekGal, Email Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. What is the first part of your email addresss? Just the part before the @ sign?

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
gleclerc.montreal

Thank you. I understand that you have a new phone number but do you by any chance still have your Samsung Galaxy phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I only need my "text to" telephone number changed to(###) ###-####for both facebook and google gmail...can you do that?

I'm sorry. I can't do that unless you can prove your identity.

I am opting out of the question in the hopes that another expert may be able to help you. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my galaxy phone is here ... the number is(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thanks for trying
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist