Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Jess! I'm glad to hear from you; I had a horrible thing

Hi Jess! I'm glad to...
Hi Jess! I'm glad to hear from you; I had a horrible thing happen the 2nd day after you fixed my email for me: Suddenly, as I was going to restart my computer, Boom! I got shut out completely, had to Reset the whole computer, could not get it to take my password, had to let it sit 2 days while waiting for my daughter to come and help. I was so frustrated, and i hadn't written down how to contact you somewhere off-computer, so could not. I must have put that password ***** at least 25 times. When daughter came, she put in same one, and bingo! We were in. Aaaarrrgh! From there, we were OK, got it all back on. But I had to wonder if maybe doing the remote access was related to that sudden shut out. What do you think? I'm going to put this app on my phone--if it works for Android, as I don't have i-phone. I didn't try because it just says i-phone app available. I did rate you, gave you 5 stars, I think, but I'll check to be sure I did it. Oh yes, I remember another question; when I actually have you online, I'll ask it.Thanks, ***** ********@******.***
3/10/2018
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Hi Julee, Jess is currently offline.

Remote access will not have caused a sudden shut out.

You can check in the Event Viewer to see what errors are reported around that time to determine the likely cause.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Pete.

Hi Pete, glad to meetcha. Where do I find Event Viewer? That's new to me.

Here is a video guide on how to find Event Viewer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vUOyxmU1o

Let me know if that helps :)
Pete.

Hi Pete, I didn't write back because I realized I had to cancel before the next payment came due as I just don't have the money to go beyond the trial. But yes, your suggestion helped; I'd already found the event viewer but didn't really know how to look at it, so it helped, but I still couldn't figure out from what was there just what happened. Now suddenly my computer is slowed to a crawl, so there's something else going on. Maybe just my Norton protection expired and has to be renewed. Thx for your help.

Glad to hear it worked!

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time.

You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.

Pete.

Pete, Computer Expert