Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I attempt to reply to an E-mail sent to me I get a

When I attempt to...

When I attempt to reply to an E-mail sent to me I get a message that the message cannot be sent at this time. try again later. An internal error occurred. The operation failed. there is additional information in the message. Other then that, I can send and receive Emails.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

From Outlook

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I can receive mail. I simply cannot send a reply to an-mail received by me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The problem began after i changed my password.

3/10/2018
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech
I am using Gmail. I have Windows 10Can we continue this tomorrow? It is 10:30 p.m. here and I must get some sleep.

Thank you. I can try to fix this issue quickly right now for you. If it's not finished quickly, then we can continue tomorrow. I can also fix while you are away. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ybkqb9uc
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. Summary: update gmail account in outlook.com website settings. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

Thanks for your help

You're welcome.

I have been waiting for Viet to contact me about the new problem with my Emails. I can Send nd receive regular E-mails. When a person tries to reply to one of my E-mails it does not get delivered. When I send an E-mailto myself and attempt to reply it does not get to delivered.
I will be away the rest of the day so i am sending this information so you can research the problem. I will also E-mail the response I receive when I attempt to reply to my own E-mails.
I will be away the rest of today and most of tomorrow, so we will have to wait until Monday to try to solve the problem. I will be available all day Monday. Please let me know when I can expect you to be available.

I'm sorry. Do you mean email sending had stopped working again? What's the error or message this time?

Would you like to use your gmail email at the official Gmail.com website?

Yes, we can continue on Monday. Thank you.

I can send and receive E-mails. But when someone attempts to reply to one I have sent them, it is sent, but is not delivered because the mail box is unavailable.
I expect to be available from 9:30 a.m. until4:00 p.m. EDT. Please let me know when you will be available so we can work the problem
I will try to send you a copy of the message that is received when an attempt to reply is made it I will send it to at***@******.*** answer.com

Are you available now?

I am available now and for threat of day until about 33:30 p.m.EDT
I had typos in my last message. I am available now and for the rest of the day until about 3:30 p.m.

I'm sorry, I was not available at that time on Monday. Are you available in the evening? Thank you.

I am available all day on Tuesday including the evening.

How about now? Thank you.

It is too late now. I need to et some sleep, I must get up early in the morning. Try anytime after 9:30 a.m. EDT
I just remembered that I have a meeting Tuesday morning. I will be available from 1:00 p.m. EDT including the evening.

Can we schedule from about 7:30 EDT to any time? If no, we can schedule starting 9:30am another day.

By the way, can you use your gmail email at the gmail.com website?

http://www.gmail.com/

Thank you.

You suggested7:30 EDT. If you meant 7:30 a.m. .today, it is obvious that did not work. If you meant 7:30 p.m. today (Tuesday) I will be available. Otherwise we can get together tomorrow all day after 9:30 a.m.
We have yet to get together to discuss the continuing problem of my E-mails.
as i have said before, I can send and receive E-mails. But when a recipient of one of my Emails tries to reply, the message is sent, but is not delivered because the mail box is not available. Obviously, there is a problem with the address that is included in my outgoing E-mail.
i do not understand why you think the problem is resolved
I am available all day Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. EDT.
Please, let's try to get to the bottom of this problem.

I'm sorry. It's late now, but are you available now?

It is too late now. Let's do it in the morning. If you are not available, please get someone else to help.

I can try to do it quickly now. If we cannot finish it quickly, we can continue tomorrow, or you can leave the computer on for me to work on. Thanks.

OK. Please reply back at around 9:30 AM EDT to continue, thanks.

I will get get back back to you at 9:30 a.m.
Ok, about 4 hours from now, thanks.
It is 9:30 a.m. and I am ready to tackle this problem.

Is another half hour okay?

OK. 10:15 a.m.
Before you get back to me let me summarize where are. Initially I had a problem replying to an E-mail received. You fixed that problem but it has returned. Then I had a problem when a recipient could not reply to my E-mails. So now both problems remain.
Other than that, I can send and receive E-mails as long as no one tries to reply to them. They can, of course by opening a new E-mail.
Please, can we get going to try to find a solution

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y9lqjypz

We are connected

Fixed. Please let me know if there is still any issue later on. Thank you for your patience.

I hate to tell you this, but I cannot reply to an E-mail and even worse I cannot even send out an E-mail.
The message I get is "the SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it. Now I have a real problem.
Now it looks like everything is working. I will get back to you if anything changes.

OK. Thank you.