Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My gmail account was hacked a time ago and the password, url…

Customer Question
My gmail account was...

My gmail account was hacked a long time ago and the password, url and security question were changed. I saw that the url is now s*******@bel***.net, (can't see it all and have no idea what that is), the security question is 'what is the name of your son' and since I never had a son I would not have chosen that question. I had never signed out of that gmail.account until yesterday by accident. Of course I can't sign back in since the password ***** have been changed by the hacker. S********com is my main email address that I use for business and I have lost all my business emails that I've received and/or sent. I really need your help badly. I have sent this problem to Google on numerous occasions, and even though they say they will get back to me in 3 - 5 days I never hear from them. If I could get a new, temporary password ***** to my other gmail account, I can reactivate my hacked account.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I am logged in on my old android phone but only have messages in the list dating back to 2013. When trying to get the message list refreshed, you guessed it!!!, I am asked for my password. Catch 22 !!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The security question which came up is about my son's name. As I mentioned to you I do not nor ever had a son so I would not have chosen that question. Also my recovery alternate email address doesn't get any messages regarding this problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Only how to cotact Google or get a temporary password ***** to me so I can reset the gmail account

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Thanks but don’t need it any longer. Google finally got back to me. Removed my two step verification and I was able to change my password