Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Tried getting my gmail password but never set up 2 step

Customer Question
Tried getting my gmail...

Tried getting my gmail password ***** never set up 2 step verification what do you recommend

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Browser, tried on phone too

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I can go to my computer go to gmail and the password ***** ***** but when I tried to set up my phone I can't recall. is there a way to recover the password ***** my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just trying to get the password ***** set up all my devices. tried resetting with gmail but they keep asking for more details that don't work.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
3/9/2018
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you determine how much longer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no i do not want you to connect securely
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

It sounds like you are able to access your Gmail through browser in your computer so in this case we can find out the saved password ***** your gmail account by following the below steps:

1.Open your Chrome browser and from the top right Chrome menu button, select Settings. Alternatively, you can simply type chrome://settings in the address bar and hit Enter.

2.Scroll down and click on Show advanced settings. Now scroll down to the Passwords and forms section and click on the Manage passwords link.

3.You will a list of all your saved passwords. The passwords will be hidden by asterisk marks. To see them, click on the Showlink.

4.Chrome will ask you to enter your Windows login password. This is good security measure added by Chrome.Once you enter it, you will be shown the password.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is not appearing there
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, may I know how do you usually access your gmail is it through chrome browser or any other browser?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Chrome browser.
Then hit the mail link and im in
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

Okay, then your password ***** be saved in chrome but as you have mentioned it is not appearing so in this case we can try to reset the password.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We tried that and it didn’t recognize all of your security features
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

okay, I understand your concern is that fine with you if i can take the remote access of your computer so that i can check this issue it would be easy for me to troubleshoot.Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i d not want remote access, can you tell me what else can be done or a number to reach google.
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 1 month ago

I am sorry. Unfortunately I am out of ideas.There is no direct number to reach google.I may have to open this question to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge.Other experts would be able to see the older conversation so there is no need to explain the issue again. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 1 month ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> but never set up 2 step verification

Do you mean you never set up two-step verification but now your account is being authenticated this way?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist