Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My mail inbox indicates I have one message. However when I…

My mail inbox indicates...

My mail inbox indicates I have one message. However when I go into my inbox, it indicates it is empty I cannot get to that "ghost" message As a result it is preventing me from synching my computer to my iPad and my I phone

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Internet is fine I use Yahoo for my browser. I have tried to correct this with ATT however they cannot find out what is wrong. In fact they were trying to contact Yahoo and get back to me two days ago but I have not heard from them at all.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No. I am receiving all mail I had my computer helper trying to help also. No one can get to that that one message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything. Thanks

It has been 30 min and I was told 8 min Is there a problem?
3/10/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Sorry for replying late as I was in a remote session. Please advise your OS version and program name for your email access (basically the way how you access your emails).

yahoo

Do you mean you access your Yahoo messages via web from HERE?

MAC High Sierra

How do you access your Yahoo email? Using Safari on Mac or using the Mail app of macOS HS?

I do.
My email is set up through Yahoo

It was not a clear description. Please choose 1 or 2:

1. You use Safari to visit yhaoo.com to access your emails.

2. You use Mail app of macOS HS to access your email.

Thanks

I guess it is a Mail app of MacOS HS My email was set up many years ago when ATT was Pacbell.and I set it up through Yahoo

If so, a remote assistance session is required here because only direct access to the computer can help me determine what issue it is.

ok i agreed to hat

Please request it from your side. Thanks.

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
ow3 do I do that?

Thanks for requesting remote assistance services. Please download QuickSupport software from below link on your Mac, then advise the TeamViewer ID and password ***** downloaded and installed.

https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

I have it how do I initiate it?

Please download the given software (in disk image format) and run it to see its TeamViewer ID and password. Please let me know the info then. Thanks.

The ID is: ###-##-####and the password ***** *****

Done. Yahoo address reconfigure on Mail app to make sure sync in working status via remote session.