Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have multiple problems accessing my gmail through outlook.

First, pop up message to...
I have multiple problems accessing my gmail through outlook. First, pop up message to go to support.google.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754 (failure). Besides pop up box keeps asking for my password. I think i typed wrong password ***** was locked out because it also now shows it can't synchronize and can"t connect to isp. I reset my password ***** accessing mail.google. How do reset outlook to make it functional again?
3/9/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Which version of outlook are you using?

Please let me know

Thank you

2010

Thanks

If you click on my link below

www.gmail.com

Can you sign into your account there?

Thank you

Can you click on my link below

https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

Once done, enable it so the blue switch is to the right

Then try outlook

Let me know the results please

i can access through google butt can't use outlook. I would like to work it out with you without remote acces,
Does this lessecure link make me vulnerable to anything?

No it does not make anything less secure it just allows apps to connect

it doesn't allow me. google message that detected suspicious activity

ok.. so perform the security check it wants you to do so you can log in

it doesn't allow me. google message that detected suspicious activityeven after security check i can't move lever to enable less secure access

You click on the switch to the right and it moves to blue

i changed it. I'll try opening outlook. If it asks for password, that means gmail password ***** specific to outlook?

gmail password

Thanks. It seems to be working., but the information on the less secure lever screen, made it sound that i am compromising security. Do all outlook users have this setting? Is there a way to keep a safer environment?

Nearly all now do have to do this, you are not compromising security, it is a setting that Google have to allow apps to then connect to your account.

You still need all your security credentials ect to connect.

Glad it is now resolved and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Email Systems Specialist