Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I've forgotten my gmail account password and the default…

Customer Question
I've forgotten my gmail...

I've forgotten my gmail account password ***** the default email is obsolete. i need to reset my password.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No, it was saved to my computer and then the page changed.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don't know if i have a phone number on file. i tried to reset my password ***** the security questions but it sends it to an old email ([email protected]) which was never tied to this account but that server went out of business.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, just need to reset my password. thank you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will i be able to log back in here and see the answer? since i don't know my email password ***** can't email me the answer. thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i don't remember what the security questions were but that was what i answered to try to reset to find out that the default email was the old one. Just need to figure out to get a way to have a new password ***** to my phone. thanks.
3/9/2018
Email technician: Fran, IT replied 1 month ago
Fran
Fran, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please.

let see if we can get the password ***** for you. let me review the information and see what other questions I will need to ask you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, i just need to figure out how to get a new password ***** to me via text

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

whats the email address?

Do you remember the last password ***** you used?

or any password ***** you have used in the pass

Are you here?

Ok let me know when you are ready to proceed with trying to recover your password

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i'm ready to proceed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
unfortunately i can't wait any longer tonight. i will try again tomorrow. thank you.
sorry I having been coming back and check with you. But I just missed you. Let’s work on it tomorrow I’m sure we can resolve the issue. When you come back, give me a few moments to get back with you. The notice emails some times have delays. Depends on the request queue load. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry about having to disconnect last night. Is there any other information you need? thanks.

Are you here now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks.

DoDo you any other emails?

That I can send a verification code to?

Or do you remember the last password ***** used?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
only a work email that i am not supposed to get personal data at. I suppose you could use that as a back up - what do you think?

yes give me that email please

if it sends to that email it will give you a verification code and you'll need to give that to me here in this chat box

Do you remember any of your last passwords?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, well that will be several hours from now. i won't be back til 5 or 6 tonight. Go ahead and send it and i will have that this eveining when i come back. thanks.

Do you remember what month and year you created the gmail account?

An email with a verification code was just sent to *****@******.***

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the previous password ***** "Caigen11". I'm getting a text on my cell phone each time you send a response. can you just text it to my phone. otherwise i will have to wait til tonight which is fine, too.

Oh let me try that

do you remember when you created email ? month and year

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i really am so blonde! i forgot that i have a work phone i can retrieve emails on. it just chirped at me and i have a code for you - 523124

OK give me the code it just sent again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
523124

it sent you a new one. the 523124 timed out

Did you get the new code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there are 2 emails both with the same code 523124

Thanks for verifying your email.

Google couldn't verify that***@******.*** belongs to you.

its not linked to google

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i know that - it's my work email and kept separate. can you just text it to my phone(###) ###-####

you number isn't linked to google either. It doesn't give me the option to send to any number

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what are the options?

You'll have to contact google. So they can verify you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i thought i was doing that when it directed me here. how do i contact google? i can't find a support number anywhere. and i can't use gmail until i get a new password. thanks.

Just do a search for there contact info. you probably have to send them a support email.

Fran
Fran
Fran, IT